NECE Campus „Reconnecting in a post pandemic world. Citizenship education for democracy and sustainability“
The main purpose of the NECE conference 2020 and its preparatory process is to create spaces for transnational networking, dialogue and learning, centred around the ideas and practices of citizenship education. This process includes a variety of stakeholders, activists, academic experts and practitioners.
A NECE CAMPUS, starting on June 10 and active until November, will create digital spaces for an interactive process to prepare the NECE conference in Berlin, November 5 -7 2020. Be it webinars, panel discussions, training sessions or bar camps – the NECE CAMPUS will use all possibilities of the virtual space to discuss visions, values and practices for an educational and civic engagement in a post-pandemic world and to create a community for the NECE conference in November.
Working with experts, trainers and practitioners, we want to introduce skills and tools that may help us to work together in digital spaces – without forgetting the invaluable role of real-life human interaction for democracies.
The NECE CAMPUS aims at offering opportunities and trainings for building trust and a collaborative spirit among the often-fragmented actors in citizenship education and civil society.
NECE Campus 2020 | TIMELINE
10 June 2020: NECE CAMPUS kick-off
- 1st Digital Dialogue: „Nachhaltigkeit – Europa – Demokratie: Politische Bildung neu denken – jetzt!“ with Thomas Krüger (bpb), Marc-Oliver Pahl, German Council for Sustainable Development (RNE), Annkatrin Kaiser & Jennifer Hecht (Stiftung Mercator), Paulina Fröhlich (Progressives Zentrum) and Ralf Fücks (Zentrum für Liberale Moderne) (language: German)
11 June 2020
- Webinar: “Restarting Europe: The role of civil society and citizenship education”
- Webinar: Sustainability and Interdependence: Citizenship education in a global framework
September/ October 2020
- 2nd Digital Dialogue: Transnational collaboration in a post-pandemic world
- Tools for citizenship education in the virtual world: Trainings and webinars
- Digital Barcamp: Ideas, topics and projects for the Berlin conference and beyond
5 – 7 November 2020
NECE 2020 Conference „Reconnecting in a post pandemic world. Citizenship education for democracy and sustainability“ in Berlin (hybrid event)
Federal Agency for Civic Education/ bpb Germany
Anja Ostermann and the NECE Team of labconcepts GmbH